| About Us | Services
| Chart Audits | Certification
Prep Course | Coding
Tips | Coding
Quizzes | Contact Us
Medical Coding Quiz
Coding Concepts 1
Objective: Answer 7 out of 10 questions correctly.
Volume three is
only used for billing by nurses, physical therapists, chiropractors ___and other
Primary Care physicians would have no use for it.
2. An applicant for "reimbursement specialist" states on her
resume " Coding and teaching Evaluation and Management (E & M) for 25
Wow! Hire her
Tell her to
take a hike. E & M coding was established in 1992.
impressive, since E & M coding was established in 1986.
It is obvious
she was working in Europe, which has been using CPT and E & M for the last
3. Which of the following is NOT a major section of CPT™? :
4. The guidelines for using the index of the CPT™ book tell you to begin with
5. Digital block anesthesia is a type of "regional" anesthesia.
anesthesia is applied to the patient's fingers.
It depends on which region of the USA the anesthesia is given.
6. If a physician documents in the patient's record the level of Medical
Decision Making (MDM) as
"straightforward", "low", "moderate" or
"high" complexity, that is sufficient to warrant the appropriate level
of decision making.
documentation must support the level and complexity of the Medical Decision Making.
"straightforward" is not a valid level of MDM.
Yes, that will
Yes, but only if
the Nature of the Presenting problem supports the level.
7. Which of the following modifiers are considered informational only
(will not impact payment)?
All of the above.
8. What CPT™ codes are "exempt from modifier -51?"
9. CPT™ is the property of which organization?
It is not
owned by anybody. It is public domain
10. ICD-10 was originally developed:
insurance companies to track
conditions and diseases.
By the World Health
Organization to track morbidity and mortality statistics.
To assist Medicare,
Medicaid and private insurance companies with a coding system for payment.
By the American
to return to the Main Quiz Menu