| About Us | Services
| Chart Audits | Certification
Prep Course | Coding
Tips | Coding
Quizzes | Contact Us
Medical Coding Quiz
CPT Coding Modifiers 2
Objective: Answer 7 out of 10 questions correctly.
1. If general anesthesia is applied, modifier -23 should be used when your CPT™manual
notes under the CPT™ code:
performed under a general anesthesia.
performed "without anesthesia."
"usually performed without anesthesia or under local anesthesia.".
Procedure performed under "alternative anesthesia methods.".
2. Which of the following would be incorrect?
3. Some CPT™ Codes are "Technical Service only". This means:
"facility", most often a hospital, would bill for services (use of the
bill for professional fees you would need to add MOD-26.
You must always add MOD-TC
(Technical Component) to the CPT™ Code.
None of the
answers is correct.
4. Procedures that are appended with the "Mandated Services"
Always paid at
paid by the insuror.
5. The -99 modifier means:
6. In EyeCare which below would not be an appropriate use of MOD-25 and an
office visit on the same DOS?
Removal of a
foreign body from the eye.
7. Which of the following modifiers are considered informational only
(will not impact reimbursement)?
All of the above.
8. What the the percentage amounts allocated for MOD-54, MOD-55 and MOD-56,
33%, 33%, 33%
10%, 20%, 70%
70%, 20%, 10%
50%, 25%, 25%
9. Of the modifiers below, which would you consider the "opposite" of modifier -22,
Increased procedural service?
10. The CPT™ modifier for "repeat clinical diagnostic laboratory tests" is:
to return to the Main Quiz Menu