| About Us | Services
| Chart Audits | Certification
Prep Course | Coding
Tips | Coding
Quizzes | Contact Us
Medical Coding Quiz
CPT Coding Modifiers 3
Objective: Answer 7 out of 10 questions correctly.
1. Anesthesia-related modifiers include:
2. The modifier -RT and -LT are:
All of the
above are correct.
3. Which group of modifier below, are most likely NOT to be recognized by
MOD-25, MOD-51 and
MOD-54, MOD-55, MOD-56.
MOD-26, MOD-50 and
are required by the AMA to recognize all valid CPT™ modifiers.
4. Modifiers -54 and -55 most likely would be used.
the same claim.
By two different
physicians, on separate claims.
whether the operation was on the left or right side of the body.
5. Modifier -TC means:
Case (patient is dying)
only for the Interpretation and Report.
(This indicates the patient's heart stopped during the procedure)
6. You can / cannot use modifiers on HCPCS codes.
You could before
2016 but no longer.
You can but for
Medicare G codes only.
7. Adding modifier ____, Increased Services modifier, indicates
"additional effort or time":
-22; It is only
used when the procedure takes LESS time or effort..
-23; It will
ensure that higher billing is warranted.
ensure higher billing, only when a report is included..
-22; May still
not be compensated at a higher rate, even with a report, if the carrier doesn't
8. The modifier -23, ____________ (would / would not) be appropriate for the
use of a ________:
services; would; mid-wife.
Component; would not; microvascular surgeon..
anesthesia, would not; accupuncture.
assistant; would ; nurse anesthetist.
9. Modifier -24 should always be used with:
Surgical CPT codes.
E & M codes.
Used for the
initial evaluation of a problem for which a procedure is performed.
Never used on E
& M procedures.
None of the
to return to the Main Quiz Menu